NRCCV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NRCCV

Newham Radio Control Car Venue

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CARPET Prices???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-02-20

CARPET Prices??? Empty
PostSubject: CARPET Prices???   CARPET Prices??? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 8:39 pm

hi Guys
I Read Jim Spencers Post on an another Forum and he says "PrimaDuo comes in rolls 50m long by 4m wide and costs around £0.90 per square metre currently."
So How many of that Rolls we need?It Looks a bit affordable to me If I count right 50x4=200x90p=£180 It looks ok even we need 2 Rolls...We have around 10 drivers If we devide this into the 10 ...
I'm sure Carpet racing will brings us new drivers
afro
What U guys Think about that???? Shocked
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

Number of posts : 441
Localisation : MAX RACING MX-707R,TOP RACING SCYTHE,LRP Q3,HARA TWISTER,P2K2PRO,T-BANG,SANWA GEMINI 2,K.O.PROPO.
Registration date : 2007-01-19

CARPET Prices??? Empty
PostSubject: Carpet   CARPET Prices??? Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 11:57 am

Hi Ali, the only problem there would be in my experience that by racing on carpet on a small track the lap times would go up a lot.
At the moment we are doing 30 -31 laps in the top heat so by putting carpet down we would probally be putting in 35-36 lappers. I know everyone would do more laps but racing would be a lot more hectic.
It would'nt be a problem for most but some may struggle. We would also have to use different tyres like foams or LRP Vetec 24r, this would be a good thing as tyres would last longer.
If there are enough requests for carpet and we can get hold of some cheap then yes it may bring more drivers in. But bare in mind at the moment racing is exceptionally clean and may get worse with carpet until people get a handel on carpet racing, it's a totally different way of driving but does improve your responses.
As for carpet the best about is prima felt and used at nearly all good carpet clubs. It costs £250 for a 2m x 30m roll, so we would need 2 rolls. If we were to buy carpet this would be the one to go for as it lasts forever and the one you have suggested dont last very long and is not that good.
scratch
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.FTQMODELS.COM
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-02-20

CARPET Prices??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CARPET Prices???   CARPET Prices??? Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 3:07 pm

I know The one I suggested is the cheapest solution and Grip level is not high as the one you talking about I dunno U R the expert It is a bit annoying dancing on the ICE lol and than realise we don't have to Dance lol!
Anyway Maybe someother members response and that will be nice to hear what people think about it
Thanx for kind reply Mark afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CARPET Prices??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CARPET Prices???   CARPET Prices??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CARPET Prices???
Page 1 of 1