NRCCV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NRCCV

Newham Radio Control Car Venue

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

tyre petition

Go down 
2 posters

do you think tyres are expensive
yes
tyre petition Vote_lcap80%tyre petition Vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
no
tyre petition Vote_lcap0%tyre petition Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
not sure
tyre petition Vote_lcap20%tyre petition Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
walden
Silver Member
Silver Member
walden

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-01-26

tyre petition Empty
PostSubject: tyre petition   tyre petition Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 1:44 am

Hi Fellow drivers

Its my first year session outdoors and it's alarming Shocked how many tyres you are going through in a day, now the cost of these are bloody expensive £25.00 a time for anybody starting out this would put you off racing altogether, the point i'm trying to make its about time these manufacturers got the prices down they are selling hundreds and hundreds per week across the globe they must be making fortunes, to actually manufacture these must be peanuts so why can't they pass the savings on, so i'm going to contact racer or radio race car magazine to see if their is anything we can do.
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

Number of posts : 441
Localisation : MAX RACING MX-707R,TOP RACING SCYTHE,LRP Q3,HARA TWISTER,P2K2PRO,T-BANG,SANWA GEMINI 2,K.O.PROPO.
Registration date : 2007-01-19

tyre petition Empty
PostSubject: TYRE PRICES   tyre petition Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Yes tyre prices are high but the tyres you are using are the best you can get.
If you were to use a harder wearing tyre e.g. sorex 36 then you would be saving money as the tyres would last longer, but would not grip as much, this would mean you would have to set your car up differently to get more grip, its a bit of a trade off im affraid.
When touring car racing first started we were using foam tyres which were a lot cheaper in the long run as you could re-use the wheels. The other benifits were it was a lot easier to set your car up with blue and green compounds being the most commonley used. If you wanted less steering you used blue (hard compound) at the front and green (soft compound) on the rear and so on.
When it was annonced that we would all have to use rubber at nationals foams seemed to dissapear. At a lot of indoors clubs they still use foams as they are the grippiest tyres and you get your money's worth. The only trouble they had at the nationals was the "top" drivers were truing them down so much to get even better handeling all the sheep were following so everyone started to go through more foam. This could have been stopped by having a minimum size.
Tyres is where the companies make there money allways have allways will, try to think of them as you would fuel for your real car, you cant do without it.
As a compromise try using the RP 30 BGL's they are just as good as any other tyre available and these are the tyres the use at the nationals, the bonus is they are £19.99 instead of £24.99 for RP 30's or RP 24's.
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.FTQMODELS.COM
walden
Silver Member
Silver Member
walden

tyre petition Empty
PostSubject: Re: tyre petition   tyre petition Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 4:57 pm

i can appreciate what you are saying but these prices can come down a lot more it does not cost a fortune to make, the idea behind this petition it gives everyone a fair chance of having decent tyres at reasonable cost, take for example a stock motor brand new £25.00 - £30.00 last you for 6months - 1 year - a set of tyres £25.00 10mins of racing. you can clearly see which one has the value for money
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

Localisation : MAX RACING MX-707R,TOP RACING SCYTHE,LRP Q3,HARA TWISTER,P2K2PRO,T-BANG,SANWA GEMINI 2,K.O.PROPO.

tyre petition Empty
PostSubject: Re: tyre petition   tyre petition Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 5:20 pm

I hear were your coming from as both a racer and a shop owner. This is an expensive sport and it always has been. The big question is how much perfomance do you want and actually need???
As for motors they are at there best when new and after using re-buildable stocks since they first came out many years ago (I was one of the first people to have a P2k) I must admit I did use one for a wehole season with no performance drop off but that was with lower capacity cells 3000 or lower cant really remember it was along time ago. With the cells of today motors do burn up and lose performance very quickley and most "top"drivers now zap motors but you need a zapper which cost around £600 and thats not cheap, so then you have to buy new motors to compete, where does it end???
I use 2-3 sets of new tyres at a National meeting which would cost Joe Bloggs £59.97. I know I get them cheaper as a shopowner but they are still not cheap. This is the top end of racing so I know going into these meetings how much I will have to spend to compete with the "top" drivers, it is a lot of money, but its what I like doing so I know the cost is allways there. The manufactures will allways say its not the price they cost to make but the cost of the machines to make the tyres, so they have to get there money back somewhere. This has been the case for many years.
At the end of the day its up to each driver to set limits on spending and justify how much they buy and spend. Do we need new tyres, motors and batteries all the time??? For me its just a case of peace of mind if i've got the best I cant moan (but often do).
Cant see that a few people are going to make a difference, but good luck trying.
Back to top Go down
walden
Silver Member
Silver Member
walden

tyre petition Empty
PostSubject: Re: tyre petition   tyre petition Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 5:21 pm

Just to let you all know i have spoken to Matt Benfield & Jon Winter of Racer magazine and they are very interested in getting this campaign started hopefully fingers crossed we may see prices come down to same price as USA works out about £16.00 for a set of prebuilt CS22's
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

tyre petition Empty
PostSubject: Re: tyre petition   tyre petition Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 5:36 pm

I'm right behind you (so to speak) affraid

I would love to see the prices in this country come down (as long as the trade prices come down in line). Evil or Very Mad

Would'nt it be nice not to have to go on tinternet, and buy everything at your local model shop instead Idea , such as: Arrow www.ftqmodels.com

Or buy from ebayuk at shops such as: Arrow http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ftqmodels2006

If only this was possible:?: perhaps I could have steak for dinner instead of beans on toast Razz

Do you think this is enough of the subliminal messaging Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

tyre petition Empty
PostSubject: Re: tyre petition   tyre petition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tyre petition
Page 1 of 1