NRCCV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NRCCV

Newham Radio Control Car Venue

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-02-20

What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Empty
PostSubject: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 1:08 am

We all know him That Unstoppable Guy
I'm Just Wondering What is his Secret methods For that Results
cheers cheers cheers cheers
Come On Richard Share Them With us Wink
24 bloody Laps on the Fairy Liquid covered Track Well done Richard...You are getting Scary lol!
I want to call you as a FastBloke instead of Roadblock
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

Number of posts : 441
Localisation : MAX RACING MX-707R,TOP RACING SCYTHE,LRP Q3,HARA TWISTER,P2K2PRO,T-BANG,SANWA GEMINI 2,K.O.PROPO.
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 1:08 pm

Many hours of picking my brain and consistant laps helps too, "To finish first, first you must finish".
Well done Rich, all the practice is obviously paying off at last. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.FTQMODELS.COM
roadblock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 7:38 pm

thanks ali and mark.only change was in gearing.normally run about 8.8 but i ran 10.1 tuesday.lost a little speed on straight but made it up in the turns.
i really dont know where it came from scratch

BUT BOY WAS IT FUN Surprised Smile Very Happy Laughing thanks to mark of course
Back to top Go down
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

PostSubject: Re: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 9:15 pm

do you know what I've done the opposite started around 10 ish but finished around 6.6 I think...
10 will give you more acceleration which is not needed on that extreme slippery floor you have to be as smooth as possible...
I don't know is that true or not???
but I don't want to race there again cos there is no enjoy on that track...
THank god we are moving Smile
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

Localisation : MAX RACING MX-707R,TOP RACING SCYTHE,LRP Q3,HARA TWISTER,P2K2PRO,T-BANG,SANWA GEMINI 2,K.O.PROPO.

PostSubject: Re: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 12:40 pm

It's all good experience and teaches you a lot about car control, its helped me a lot over the years.
Gearing at 6.6 is far to high. Burn motor burn.
Back to top Go down
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

PostSubject: Re: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 2:45 pm

oh well Maybe The tiny fans saved the Motor Smile
so it shouldn't be too Low or too high Laughing
Back to top Go down
roadblock
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostSubject: Re: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 11:34 am

ali,are we gonna see you racing an mi3.i considered it but looking on forums too many changes required to get it working.my skill-level is average ( Rolling Eyes )so all those tiny set-up adjustments are wasted on me.going for a straight-forward,tried&tested(yokomo & pro4 parts)car.red and green combine so well,dont ya think Wink
TOP SCYTHE FOR ME
Back to top Go down
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

PostSubject: Re: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 3:30 pm

top scythe really good choice as Mark carries all parts you don't have to worry about spares and setup Smile
and it comes with one way I have to buy one way which is really expensive...
mi3 hasn't got any extra setup points from other cars...but It's got too many spacers to set the car for example for 2 degree rear toe-in you have to pay 6-10pounds and have to buy part but with mi3 you just add or remove spacers Smile that is the difference of the car,also very free car ...
we saw your skill level at last meeting your car was planted all night so what skill level you talking about your skill level is enough to setup even mi4...
I don't know I got it for a very cheap price If I'd go for brand new I'd rather go to TC5 Smile designed for carpet race Wink
Back to top Go down
roadblock
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostSubject: Re: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 9:37 pm

thats a good point.and theres always plenty of advice to be found 4 set-ups etc on the forums for schumacher.
Back to top Go down
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

PostSubject: Re: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 11:24 pm

true I do not have any worries about finding wright setups also when you can understand all that anti squat,pro squad etc. you see how good mi3 is designed...for schyte you can find ex top racing drivers Ali and jimmy's setups for carpetwars Wink
Also do the top deck mod for equal flex front and back Wink
Back to top Go down
walden
Silver Member
Silver Member
walden

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 11:36 pm

I was going to invest in a Mi3 but decided aganist it basically because you have to buy so much on top before you race and also to make the car lighter whcih to me schumacher should have done this before the kit was released, the other thing it is a very complicated car to set up, the Mi3 was designed for sponsered drivers. The best one yet from schumacher is the different suspension arms why???? when the EC had carbon fibre ones there was no problem with them obviously someone has got there maths wrong scratch scratch scratch

Last edited by on Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: Re: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 11:39 pm

I'm knackered
Back to top Go down
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

PostSubject: Re: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 12:49 am

I still couldn't find what is complicated on mi3 setup It is only gives you endless options to setup your car, nothing extra to setup...If you point me what exactly you think hard to set I can find out...

for droop It is same with the all other sedans...
track width you can add or remove washers,Camber same like others,toe-in or out same like others,wheelbase same like others,rear toe-in set by adding or removing washers,kick up or anti-dive adding-removing washers,squat-anti squat by adding-removing washers,suspension link height and width adjustment by adding or removing washers...
For example if you want 0.5 degree anti-dive you just add the washer at the in front of the wishbone you will get anti-dive 0.5mm washer=0.5 degree simple as this Smile

weight issues mostly for the guys that running brushless hence speed controllers wiring etc.more heavier...If you add some alloy screws should be enough to save another 20-30grams if you need...mi3 comes with alloy drive shafts which are around 3 gr. steel ones around 10 grams so you save around 7 grams on every drive shafts, I don't know what to add this car maybe some extra washers Laughing
Back to top Go down
roadblock
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostSubject: Re: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 12:24 am

my own point of view is-mi3 great if you want all the adjustability available to set-up the car.i just see it as lots of spacers,washers to be put back correctly every time you strip the car for checking,cleaning,oiling.with set-up,once ive got a base setting its only shock springs oils and angles im gonna change with some camber,droop ad maybe anti-roll bars.keep it simple and concentrate on thumbs(or finger/steerwheel).end of day individual choice.its about having fun Laughing scratch
Back to top Go down
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

PostSubject: Re: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 1:24 am

the point you may not understand that either you could do or not all those setup changes ...It's the same for Yokomo,Scythe,corally etc.
I don't know why do you all think mi3 is complicated???
mi3 is not a complicated car at all .
bom
You can keep your base setup on All make of cars If you always race on same type of track...
It might be the easiest car to work on...How could I refer Max Racing mx-707 as a Complicated car, Which I never Owned ,never driven or and never worked on...
During one of the Roneo meetings there was a young fella came to me before the race and talked about my yokomo bd...Ooo It tweaks too much blah blah...he drives Cyclone ,
Believe me or not he came and used my setup board 3 times through the night to sort out Cyclones Tweak, where I never had any Tweak issue all night Long scratch
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: Re: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 10:37 pm

Max Racing MX707R still only £169.99.

Lost count of how many results I've had with it. For all you club racers out there you cant go far wrong with a MAX.
It does what it says on the tin, Wins .
Back to top Go down
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

PostSubject: Re: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 11:07 pm

Nobody says Mx-707 Is not a good car Mark I just try to point you how silly it could be If I'd call It as complicated etc. car as someone never had an Max racing Car or X car (Max was just an example)
If a driver is a good driver he/she wins with any of these cars...for example Jimmy Maddison won Lots of races with scythe which was very new and unknown car...
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: Re: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 12:49 pm

I have to agree if Jimmy had a MAX I'm sure there would be a lot more of them sold. You just have to look around in the pits after a few months after a world championship, how many people run Cyclones now? Speaks for itself really. Someone once said to me "If you gave a top driver a shoe box with wheals on it, he could still make the A final".
Back to top Go down
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

PostSubject: Re: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 1:30 pm

Yes completely Agree with that Now jimmy has an mi3 but that didn't put him down he is still at the top finals afro
Jan van Steeg Won his 2nd Dutch National Stock title with which Car???
I just Don't like When People don't know What they are Talking about...Other Than Good Luck to everyone...
Does any of you know Where is ADAM Rogers???Past Ko Gp winner hasn't even raced there this year scratch
Back to top Go down
walden
Silver Member
Silver Member
walden

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 9:54 pm

Racing should be fun regardless of the car you drive, yes the top boys will always win, like marks says about the shoebox he is spot on, many few years ago i won the A final in rallycross with a basic car being a lazer ZXR with second hand cells etc, in my race was sponsered drivers from Parma etc in those days and they were allot faster than me and i thought to myself i have no chance in this race with all the others having new cars and new everything, so the race started i was ninth on the grid at the first corner all the cars in front of me just piled up because they were all eager to be first so all i did was drive round them and kept my racing clean with a second hand 19t double, so then i proved a point you do not have to have the top of everything to win, just very good driving skills has Mr roadblock proved tuesday night, keep up the good driving roadblock cheers
Back to top Go down
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

PostSubject: Re: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 10:30 pm

I think He was driving mx-707 which has all the gear you need; full of alloy parts and nice shocks etc.Richard doesn't carry a bad or outdated stuff don't agree with that part but
his success has come after all his hard work and practice sessions...
Also I know he works on his cars setup hardly...
To be honest I didn't have a look what are the effects of anti-squat,pro-squat,anti-dive till I've bought mi3 but have a look at forums when Richard posted a thread about them...
So well done to Richard and agree with Mark and Paul about Top class equipments ,as I said in my previous posts... afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????   What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are the Speed Secrets of Richard Powell ????
Page 1 of 1