NRCCV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NRCCV

Newham Radio Control Car Venue

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.

Go down 
+4
rickyb
BillyMichael
Ali Can
FTQMODELS
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MattMead
Gold Member
Gold Member
MattMead

Number of posts : 118
Localisation : Max Racing Mx 707r, Blue Bird, LRP Runner, Much More, Sanwa Gemini 2, P2k2 Pro
Registration date : 2007-04-12

NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 6:07 pm

wehey well done Scott and Mark both gor great results Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy did u use the t-bang then mark ????
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

Number of posts : 441
Localisation : MAX RACING MX-707R,TOP RACING SCYTHE,LRP Q3,HARA TWISTER,P2K2PRO,T-BANG,SANWA GEMINI 2,K.O.PROPO.
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: oh you pretty little T-Bang   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 6:26 pm

Yes I was using the 19t T-Bang and it awsome, will have to try the 27t version asap to see if they are as good, but it was a lot quicker than anything else I have used so far Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.FTQMODELS.COM
janee1957
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-02-14

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 9:02 am

After a couple of hours we arrived at that track (after some help with with directions from the local's, always remember to take the map, it helps) with a wet track greeting us we decided to retire to the hotel to waterproof the cars for the next day and soak up some of the local hospitality, the mixed grill was fantastic!

I was 5th in the C but spun on the grid before the race even started. By the time I was put straight (thanks Jane) the race had started so fell back to 10th. Determined to have a good result I wrung the neck of my Scythe and by the end of the race I managed to pick off 6 drivers and finished 4th, so a good last leg was needed for more points.

[b]

[size=18]In answer to the above yes I agree a map would have helped but it would also have helped if we had taken the sat nav from our car and the full address too.

Thank you Mark once again for a great race report and for all your hard work driving us all around. It was lovely to spend the time with you all and Dani amuses herself so well even though she is not racing the nationals this year. Hopefully she will get to do carpet wars as it is a bit easier on the carpet.

I apologise for your car in the final i really did not realise it was yours until the last minute and thought i had loads of time to get it back on the track but managed it just anyway and what a good final even with the bad start.

Are you going to put the other photos on so that people can see the other tracks we have been to this year?

Once again thanks to Mark Kelly and Danny for a lovely weekend and thanks to the restaurant for the lovely Gammon before fixing the cars and making them waterproof.

The loca llibrary was wonderful and gave us internet access to look up the address and then gave directions too.The police station was across the road but is shut on saturday and sunday!!!!!!!!!

Look forward to seeing you all soon take care Jane
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

Localisation : MAX RACING MX-707R,TOP RACING SCYTHE,LRP Q3,HARA TWISTER,P2K2PRO,T-BANG,SANWA GEMINI 2,K.O.PROPO.

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:36 pm

Will be putting a collection of pictures so far from this year on the forum today so everyone can see what they are missing. Dani is racing at CW5 this year so she wont be bored like previous years.
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: Nats dissapointment.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 5:06 pm

P.S. Just checked out the final times on the BRCA website.
The time I did in the only dry race I had all day which was the final Leg 1. (Where I got wipped out by a local, which cost me 4 seconds or so, and I would have won that leg if not taken out) Would have put me 3rd in the A final leg 1 which was also a dry run. Happy with the Scythe YES!
Back to top Go down
MattMead
Gold Member
Gold Member
MattMead

Localisation : Max Racing Mx 707r, Blue Bird, LRP Runner, Much More, Sanwa Gemini 2, P2k2 Pro

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:13 pm

did u use your new speedo n cells ?
Back to top Go down
roadblock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:13 pm

well done mark and scotty.glad to hear scott in better health.
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:24 pm

Yeah, was using the new speedo on standard settings it was awsome, can't wait to try the punchy settings. Shame I didnt get a dry run like the top heat did nearly every run, who knows may have made the A. Did a time in the final good enough to do so. Sad
Back to top Go down
MattMead
Gold Member
Gold Member
MattMead

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:46 pm

now you have loads to make better sythe speedo!!!! have ta tell me all ur lil tricks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 7:13 pm

The future looks bright Red and Carbon lol!
Back to top Go down
MattMead
Gold Member
Gold Member
MattMead

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 8:45 pm

was there a scythe one then and was that the gold version? what have they changed ?
Back to top Go down
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 8:48 pm

go for the red one
Chasis 2.5mm and They change the top deck...
195 is great price...
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: RACING RACING RACING CANT GET ENOUGH OF IT!   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 5:10 pm

How did u all get on yesterday? Southend have'nt put any results up???
Scotty had a nightmare with 2 blown motors, slow down boy!!!

http://www.ukmicrox.co.uk/start.html Check this out lucky northerners, they get all the good race series.
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: W.L.R.C. Stock & Mod National 29-07-07   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 2:00 pm

With rain all Saturday night into the early hours of the morning it was not looking good for the Sunday. We arrived at the track at 6.55am and luckily it had not been raining on the journey to the track.

The track had a small amount of standing water on it which was soon brushed off by the club organisers. This left us with a drying track but it was still early and a bit chilly and the track would take an hour or so to dry fully so wet tyres would have to be used for practice and the first round.

Hardly anyone went out for practice which meant the track would not dry out for the first round even for heat 11 which was the top heat of 5 cell modified. There were 5 heats of stock and 6 heats of modified.

Round 1: Scotty was out in heat 1 on wet tyres the track was drying but still to damp for slicks. Luckily we did not have to use under bodies which is always a pain. Scotty had tuning probs so used this round to get his car set up. I was out in heat 3 and on wets. After 5 mins I finished 5th with an average time, I went back to the pits after marshaling to fit the slicks as these would be used by everyone in round 2 as the track would by then be completly dry. I left the everything on the car the same as it felt very stable and after looking at the lap times I saw that my laps were very consistant and my best lap was on par with the A finalists, lets see what happens next round.

Round 2: Scotty was stonking around the track and on for a good time when his motor had enough and a plume of smoke exited the rear of his car as his motor through a wind. I think this was because it was an older motor and not a gearing problem. I had an amazing race and supprised myself at the end were I finished 1st and blitzed the race with a time which put me and the Scythe 10th in the A final, WOW.

Round 3: Scotty improved but after no practice, a blowen motor and minimum track time there was not much time to get the set up and gearing wright which is always critical with National stock racing he ended up 4th in the E final. I skimmed and rebushed my motor and checked the set up then went out for my last qualiy. The car was still exceptionally good handeling wise but everyone eles seemed to find some extra speed from somewhere for the last run of the day and 13 drivers improved which dropped me to 3rd in the C final, oh well not bad considering this was the first time this year we had done stock. At least the Scythe was in the A final at one point.

Finals: Scotty out powered a few cars into the first sweeper and moved into 3rd which he held for the duration of the race, so with a 3rd in leg 1 he still had it all to do if he was to get a trophy. Leg 2 was luckily a repeat of leg 1 so with two 3rds Scotty piked up a very nice trophy for 3rd place, well done, consistancy always pays off.
I had my usuall torid time in both finals even though I was 3rd on the grid I hade 4th in leg 1 and 5th in leg 2 which gave me 5th overall, at least it didnt rain.

5 Cell Mod: Just a quick note about the mod racing. After some very fast close racing Chris Grainger took pole for the A final, this is a track where he is always very consistant and there was also a shock instore as Andy Moore only just made the A in 10th place (even World Champions have bad days) But as they say you've got to be in it to win it. Andy had one of those inspired moments in Leg 1 were he picked off driver after driver and by the end of the race finished 2nd to Chris Grainger an awsome display of driving which just showed why he is the World Champion. Had to go at this point so dont know what happened in leg 2, but I'm sure it was a good one.

Until next time:
C U TRACKSIDE.
Back to top Go down
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 2:49 pm

wow what a race day what a race report
well done guys Scotty has another trophy to the cabinet...
chris grainger dominates again champ is champ...
I did know top racing will give you wings Mark
and If someone let me know what's happining at nrCCV that would be great
cheers
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 3:37 pm

Have sent you a PM if you hanent already read it about what's happening at NRCCV, good news is we will be going to carpet asap, yippe, woooossssshhhhhhh.
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: BRCA National Round 6 Stafford 19-08-07.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 11:01 pm

As they say it's grim up tut North. But we had a great weekend even though it was a very wet one.
After a 3 hour journey because of getting stuck in traffic on the M25 and M1 we arrived at Stafford where we were greeted with a very water logged track. Being the coward that I am I decided not to practice but to save my electrics for Sunday and retire not the hotel for some R & R. the Hotel we were at did'nt have a restaurant as per norm, so we all had a Super size dinner in the local B.K. Burppp!
Sunday morning and not a sun beam in the sky. Oh, Oh, get the wet tyres again, argh! When we got to the track there were a lot of optimistake faces about, one being mine.

Practice: There were to practice heats so I decided to miss the first and concentrate on getting the car set up. Practice 2 went well and the car was on the pace with all of the others.

Round 1: After waterproofing the Scythe with an under body, blue tac and tissue, I hit the track for the first round of Qualiy. Result I won the first round, a good starting point. 15th overall.

Round 2: Not such a success in this round, 3rd was all the car could manage (not the driver) back to the drawing board.

Round 3: With the rain now lashing down in the previous 2 heats of the final round I was thinking of not bothering going out which would have meant I would probally drop down to the C final. The car was ready to go so I watched the race before mine were 1 driver went from 27th overall to 2nd in the A final. I rushed back to the pits, grabbed my car and went out. What a wise move as the car was stuck to the track like S*** to a blanket. This put me 8th in the A final with only the top heat left to go, fingers crossed.

Nearly but not quite, 2 drivers improved so I dropped to 1st in the B final, but was still very happy Laughing Cool .

Leg 1: After a good start but with the track drying the car was'nt gripping as well as before so 3rd in leg 1 was the result.

Leg 2: There was some more rain before the final leg so I was hoping this would help, which in the end it did. After leading the race up to half way my car glitched just before the straight and went off the track, I quickley rejoined but was now down to 4th. Next lap same problem and the marshall picked my car up, game over? not for me, I told him to put it down as the sterring was now working, at first I thought it was water in the works, but as drivers next to me left the rostrum due to blown speedo's I moved along the rostrum and the glittching stopped. After severall laps I started to pull in on 1st but as the buzzer sounded I crossed the line 2nd, which gave me 1st place overall and 5th in the F2 Championship, what a year!

Hope none of the roof's leak at all the indoors meetings this year, we've had enough wet races Laughing

Until next time:

C U TRACKSIDE!
Back to top Go down
walden
Silver Member
Silver Member
walden

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 12:45 am

Well done Mark, great result cheers
Back to top Go down
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 1:24 am

Good result, Almost happy end...
Well done afro
Back to top Go down
MattMead
Gold Member
Gold Member
MattMead

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 9:55 am

well done Mark Exclamation Very Happy
Back to top Go down
roadblock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 12:06 pm

yeah,well done mark .
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 12:26 pm

Thank you one and all, it was a heart in the mouth moment watching heat 5 do the last qualiy of the day and with it dropping me from 8th in the A to 1st in the B. It was still a good result though and is was very happy with it. Im in the shop now and Im knackered, but it was worth it and hopefully if they keep 19t in the Nationals next year im sure an A will be on the cards.
Next up its the KO GP this weekend which is going to be a killer as we will have the shop there from Sat-Mon and Im racing too should be fun.
Im not racing anywhere except GMCC through out September as there is not much out doors racing left, so its time to get ready for the in doors season and get some practice in for CW5 and Rug Racers. Have you seen the Recoil 14th scale touring car RTR it retails for approx £100 and they are running a class at Rug Racers for these as they come out of the bow or modified, very interesting.

NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Recoil10

Powered
by an impressive 370-size motor routed through an incredibly responsive
4WD drivetrain, the Recoil RTR offers the exceptional speed and
handling of bigger sedans in a compact 1/14-scale package. Unlike other
mini-sedans, the Recoil packs true oil-filled shocks and ball bearings
for real race sedan performance, along with front and rear
differentials for durable, reliable running. A pre-cut and fully
painted touring car body tops off the complete package
Key FeaturesComplete RTR
Powerful 370-size motor
Shaft-driven 4WD system with front and rear differentials
Sportwerks 2-channel radio system
Electronic speed control, receiver and servo installed
Lightweight, stable fiberglass chassis
Full ball bearings
Oil-filled coil-over shocks
Pre-glued and mounted rubber tires
Pre-painted Officially Licensed Mazda Body 1/14 Recoil 4wd RTR Touring Car Specs
Type: 4wd Electric Touring Car
Scale: 1/14
Length: 11.5" (292mm)
Width: 5.25" (133mm)
Wheelbase: 7.375" (187mm)
Weight: 23.5 oz
Chassis: 2mm Fiberglass
Suspension: Independent
Drive Train: Shaft drive with gear diffs and adjustable slipper
Tire Type: Rubber
Motor or Engine: E-370
Speed Control: Fwd, Reverse
Radio: 2 Channel AM 27mHz
Servos: S-25
Batteries: 7.2V 1100mAh NiMH
Speed: 25mph
Kit/RTR: RTR
Body: Mazda MX6 Pre-painted
Ball Bearings: Complete

Optional extras are available but not nessarcery if you do the stock class.
Clear body £9.99 Pre-Painted body £12.99
Tyres (4) £6.99 Foam tyres (4) £13.99
Motor £19.99 SPD gear set £5.75
Battery £18.99

Very cheap sapre and possibley an exciting cheap class that should be a lot better and as cheap to run as mardaves but look 10 times better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3