NRCCV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NRCCV

Newham Radio Control Car Venue

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.

Go down 
+4
rickyb
BillyMichael
Ali Can
FTQMODELS
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

Number of posts : 441
Localisation : MAX RACING MX-707R,TOP RACING SCYTHE,LRP Q3,HARA TWISTER,P2K2PRO,T-BANG,SANWA GEMINI 2,K.O.PROPO.
Registration date : 2007-01-19

NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Empty
PostSubject: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 2:33 pm

The NRCCV Outdoors Tour kicked off yesterday with mixed results. With 30% (3 out of the 10) or so regulars from NRCCV competing not a bad turn out from our small but growing venue, on to the racing.

We ventured to sunny, windy and cold Sarthend, for the first round of the Corally STCC.

Myself and the Everitt are only competing at 3 rounds of the STCC as we are doing most of the Natioinals this yearand other club days at various tracks, just thought we would get in some pre season testing and size up the competition. Billy Michael (Sponsered by G.Times) tagged along for his first ever outdoors race were he had a very enjoyable but testing time putting up with some serious P-taking from his team mates.

At the STCC you have practice, 3 qualifing rounds and 3 finals (please take note BRCA, this is the best race procedure ever) so you do get your monies worth.

After free practice there was a slight delay which stressed all in the first heat B.M. inclueded as he was the first heat of stock. The loop was playing up so we had to wait whilst it was replaced (it wernt compatible or something?)

Stock:
I wont go indepth with qualifiing but B.M. did very well for his first outdoors/big meeting with many of the countries top stock drivers present and qualified 2nd in the D Final. Well Done B.M.

Modified:
With all drivers using the same tyres in all classes the STCC officials have once again this year decided to resrict the wind in mod to the Corally 12 triple. This is an excellent idea as it is still a very fast motor with the wright brush/spring combo and you dont have to have the latest super dooper cells to compete with the top guys.

Me and Scotty were in Heat 9 this was the first qualifing heat of mod.

After many changes to the Max MX 707r I got a very stable, quick set up and managed 6th in the B final missing the A by a few seconds it was very close in qualifing with only a few seconds spilting the top 5 or so in the B.
Scotty had a good day in qualifing but unfortunatley in his last and best run were he was on for a quick 15 lapper the car came to a holt just before the finish line so he managed a very slow 14 lapper, dont you just hate it when that happens.

Billy turned his 1st leg into a win from second on the grid.
Leg 2 and once again Billy turned in some very fast laps to win the 2nd leg, shame he forgot his transponder, the silly.
So with a win in leg 1 and a big fat DNS in leg 2 the pressure was on. Billy had it all to do in the last leg and had to finish 3rd to be in with a chance of winning a trophy. Well he didn't let us down and won leg 3 which gave him two 1st places so he won the D final in style and recived a nice big trophy, Well done Billy.

Scotty had been fooling us all day with no brakeages and saved them all up for the finals when he did approx. £60 in damages in leg 1 of the C Final (not his fault though, just a racing incident, it happens at this level)
Then disaster stuck when a motor brush came lose just before the start of leg 2. So leg 3 was a no show for the Everitt after a mixed days racing, there will be other days.

After some very close qualifing I lined up 6th in the B. Leg 1: After the start tone it was time to pile into the first corner. Unfortunatley before the race I put a bit to much tyre additive on the front tyres so there was to much front end grip resulting in 8th place.

Leg 2: Had a better start and after the first chicane I moved up to 2nd place (amazing what a little less additive will do) Half way through a what seemed a very long race I was still in 2nd but the pack were chasing hardm, so I wrung the neck of the Max and pushed on. 2 laps to go and a spin on a cold, slippery corner of the track dropped me to 4th were I finished.

Leg 3: Crunch time, well with a 8th and a 4th I had to pull one out of the bag. Due to a major crash the 4 drivers on my left on the rostrum disappeared half way through the race, much to my delight this moved me up to 3rd. Then in the last quarter of the race I moved upto 2nd when I heard a spectator say "hes got something wrong with his car". The race leader had hit a few to many corners I think, so I gently easied past him to take the lead and pushed the car hard for the remaining laps getting my fastest time of the day and won leg 3 giving me 3rd place overall. To say I was happy, well I beat a few rivals in the process so a barrel roll was called for at the end of the straight. The perfect end to a tough days racing.

After an exhausting day (dont forget the clocks went forwards an hour and we were at the track at 6.50am) we packed away our race gear and pop up gazebo (what a wonderful invention) and headed home to snooze land.

We will be going to Southend quite a few more times during the summer if anyone wants info on the club or set ups and we also be going to WLRC a few times too.
Our next big meet is at Snetterton for the first round of the BRCA Nations 19 turn, dont miss the next report its sure to be a good one!

Until next time:

C U TRACKSIDE

Last edited by on Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.FTQMODELS.COM
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 3:43 pm

Mark If there is any chance to make outdoor racing pls pls pls Go for Thursdays afro
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

Localisation : MAX RACING MX-707R,TOP RACING SCYTHE,LRP Q3,HARA TWISTER,P2K2PRO,T-BANG,SANWA GEMINI 2,K.O.PROPO.

PostSubject: OUTDOORS: WHERE REAL MEN RACE   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 5:43 pm

Watch this space is all I can say. We have got plans in the future for an out doors track in East London God knows we need one. But this takes a lot of planning and a huge amount of money and time so it wont be for a long time yet.
However we have inquired and can get the use of a school playgound which is exceptionally flat, but this would be a Sunday Evening.
Now you have the racing bug I think you shoul find a day job then you could race every night anywhere. If only bounce I know how frustraighting it can be when you want to race more but can't. That's life.
Back to top Go down
BillyMichael
Admin
Admin
BillyMichael

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 7:17 pm

Thanks For The Sponsored By G. Times Mark. Thats All I Did Was Get Stick From You Lot All Day. You Were Just Jelous Cos I Look Good Enough To Get My Picture Taken. Well Done Everyone. Only Problem Is I Hate Photo's Of Myself And Im On The STCC Site !! Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.nrccv.co.nr
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 9:00 pm

well done Billy,Scott and Mark
I couldn't find the pics at te website...
And that's really good to hear all these fantastic news...Good Luck Guys cheers
Back to top Go down
BillyMichael
Admin
Admin
BillyMichael

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 9:31 pm

I think you have to log onto the STCC site to be able to view them
Back to top Go down
rickyb
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
rickyb

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 11:43 pm

great stuff guys i have to check out this outdoor racing and the carpet aswell afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.dartfordracetrack.com
roadblock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 11:55 pm

unlucky scott.well done mark and congratulations billy.
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: RE: PICTURES   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Hi all if you want to see pics from STCC or BRCA you have to create an account via the BRca website. It dont take long just look out for Modletech logo, click on it and open an account then you can look at all the results, pics and race reports.
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: N.R.C.C.V. T.O.E. 2007   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 12:38 pm

Sunday 1st of April and we headed off to sunny W.L.R.C. Me, Scotty and Billy were racing 19t and Richard was in stock (briefly).
After practice we had drivers briefing where we were informed there would be 4 rounds and 2 finals for all. This was the 1st round of the W.L.R.C. outdoors summer championship which is a very competitive but friendly series and is very popular with around 80 drivers in attendance of various abilities from beginner to some of the countries top national drivers who use these meetings to prepair for the nationals.

The track is very flat and fast but if you get it wrong there is plenty of run off space to pull over, unless like me and Billy and you clip the sweeper and hurttle off into the armcove. We were racing on a different layout to the one they use for the nationals so the lap times were a bit faster than normal as they were not using the informous chicane going onto the staight.

Richard had a serious enough problem with interference which put him off of finishing the days racing unfortunatley. I had the same problem during the first 3 rounds but fitted 3 yes 3 scootky diodes to the motor which sorted this problem out.

Scotty and Billy qualified 1st and 2nd in the D final not a bad result for their 1st time at west london which is a hard track to get the racing line perfect lap after lap.

After sorting out the interference with my car which cost me approx. 5 places in qualiy I popped the Max into the A in 10th place. Considering the company I had in the A this was the best result so far with the Max. I was runnig a spool diff for the first time which totally transformed the cars handling and made it a lot easier to drive. I was running a new 19t check point money motor on a ratio off 5.46 and it was keeping up with the top boys rather well. On my 4th qualiy there was a definate drop off in speed which cost me a lot of time, this was latter found out to be due to a Knackered 12 volt, a lesson learnt I can tell you.

Onto the finals. Well Scotty did us proud by putting his Cyclown on pole with Billy in second and eager to floor his 19t (the first time hes used one by the way) into the first corner. After a race were positions were often swapped Scotty won the first leg closley followed by Billy.
Leg two was pretty much a repeat of leg 1 with Scotty just managing to hold off Billy, well done lads 1st and 2nd not a bad result.

I had my work cut out for me in the A with 5 or 6 National A final quality drivers in front of me. To tell the truth I was just happy to be in the A. Leg one and still a severe lack of speed but I mange to finish 9th, back to the drawing board. After using Richards 12 volt to charge my cells for the final leg (cheers mate) the car was on fire off the line and I moved up to 6th on the first lap. Half way through the race and the pressure was on the leader was off into the distance and never looked back, meanwhile I tangled with 5th place which dropped me back a bit, with 1 min left I pushed hard but in the end finished 9th again, but atleast I sorted the power issue, better luck next time.

Overall an excellent day was had by all, with strong winds that nearly saw the gazebo take off and many a waterey eye on the rostrum we headed off home. Congrats to everyone see you Tuesday. Dont forget its an 8pm start this week and we finish at 11pm so it will be 3 rounds and 1 final for all.

Until next time:

C U TRACKSIDE
Back to top Go down
BillyMichael
Admin
Admin
BillyMichael

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 3:04 pm

I Thought I Was Gonna Beat Scott In That Second Final. It Was A Tough Race Then I Think I Pushed The Car Too Hard And Hit A Bump In The Track That Rolled Me.

Then..

He Was Off Into The Distance Sad
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: Humpty bumpty   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 6:32 pm

Nice excuse Billy, If we were racing off road that would be a good one but I dont think there are any bumps at west london. Nice try though. You both did better than I thought you would for your first time there and are both becoming better at racing outdoors, it is not as easy as it looks is it.
Back to top Go down
BillyMichael
Admin
Admin
BillyMichael

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 6:36 pm

Lol "Excuse" It Was Either That Or It Just Rolled Cos Of Grip Roll. I Didnt Hit Anything
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: The National results.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 6:22 pm

Sunday 22nd April and it was an early start for the the first round of the BRCA National as we were off to Snetterton and left Jane and Scott's house at 5.30am with Billy onboard. After a lesurely drive up the M11 and A11 we arrived at Snetterton at 6.45am (88miles) a very nice track but very hard in more ways than one (ask S.E. how hard the track markings are, if you scale them up to full size it's like racing around small mountains).
Because of the low turn out of 46 drivers we were told there would be 2 rounds of practice, time enough to scrub 2 set's of tyre's in so they would be ready for qualiy and final's (a little tip there).
After drivers briefing we began 3 rounds of qualiy. Only having raced stock once before at Snett 2 years ago we were all at the same disadvantage of not learning the track as much as those who practiced the day before, oh well we'll get them back at WLRC we know that track very well. After round 1 there were a few upset people that found out that the new Mazda speed 6 is not legal even though the BRCA have said it is and approved it, it's wider at the front than the rear and the wing is to wide with or without the end plates but we were aloud to run the wing if we took the end plates off Razz.
I put a banker in, Billy more or less found his way around the track and Scott E. was still dialing his car in.
Round 2 was not much of an improvement but by now we all new were the track was.
I improved by 2 seconds in round 3 so did Billy and Scott. The qualiy positions were: Billy Michael 1st in the E and Scott Everitt 2nd in the E, so we were set for some fun in that one. I qualified 6th in the C final in front of a couple of rivals so was very happy.
Billy drove quite well in the 2 leg finals but needs to tidy his driving up now he's competing with the big boy's. Scott looked like he was in with a chance of a trophy but was once again attacked by the gremlins after launching his cyclone over the mountain at the begining of the straight and broke 2 drive shafts which meant there was not enough time for him to fix the car for the second final No. Billy drove consitantley and collected a very nice large trophy for 1st place well done Billy your first National trophy, look after it as you'll remember this one more than any others.
I was on the grid with many of my rivals so I realyy wanted to beat them more than get a trophy (honest) the start signal went and were launched down the straight into the first bend and I managed to miss the first corner pile up and moved into third then got wacked from behind and lost a body clip from the front, after several laps I had to stop to let a dimwit sorry marshall put my shell back on properly (it looked like it was smiling at me were it was lifted up on one side and was getting harder to drive every lap) so after a brilliant start and bad finish. Leg 2 (THIS MEANS WAR!) I knew a top 3 position was not possible but still wanted a good leg result so after the start tone I went b*lls out into the first corner and made 2 places up and moved into 4th (not bad) after several laps hot on the tail of 3rd place and pulling out a big gap over 5th my car decided enough was enough and popped a wheelie (yes a touring car doing wheelie, I've never seen it before either) the spool had snapped where the retaining pin goes through it Mad so 8th in that leg. What a dissapointing final, if, but, when all small words but mean so much, never mind roll on WLRC or as it will be known from now on PAY BACK TIME.

Until next time C U Trackside. cheers
Back to top Go down
rickyb
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
rickyb

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 8:28 pm

great report mark bit of bad luck there sounds like you all had a good time whens this west london meet if it fits inbetween my rally cross championships im doing i'll be up for a bit of that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dartfordracetrack.com
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 1:49 pm

The next one is at WLRC on 20th May, you will have to pre book a week before the meeting as it is a national, you do this via the BRCA website it's £11.00 to race which is a bit steep but you will be racing against the countries top drivers, this is the 19 turn nationals we are doing so you would have to get a brca legal motor. c u soon.
Back to top Go down
BillyMichael
Admin
Admin
BillyMichael

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 9:22 am

That should be an interesting one after all of our practice. Maybe Ill Do A Bit Better, Just Gotta Hope The Tracks Not As Dusty And As Hot As Last Time. There Wasn't Any Grip At All.
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 7:48 pm

Were racing at wlrcthis sunday 29-04-07 if anyone fancies it.
Back to top Go down
roadblock
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 12:13 am

great report mark.well done to all3 of you ,specially billy.may try and beat my lap record at wlrc if weather looks fine.c u soon
Back to top Go down
BillyMichael
Admin
Admin
BillyMichael

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 6:02 pm

Thank You Mr. Richard. Are You Comming On Sunday Now Then Mark Because Scott Said You Might Not Be Comming But Your Booked In :]

I Understand Your Scared of Getting Shown Up By Me. But Dont Worry Its All About The Learning Experiance lol!
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 7:23 pm

Checky little ducker i'm not scared scratch but one day i might be if you can find the wright line around a race track, which by the way is not bouncing off the track marking tyres at snetterton. As for the learning experience ive probally forgot more than u know. But u aint doing bad i started racing at 14 so you have a head start on me perhaps in 2027 u will be as good as i am now, but dont forget that will be another 20 years of racing for both of us so u will still be behind me lol!
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: RESULTS 29-04-07 WLRC CLUB MEETING.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 4:40 pm

This time we headed off to a club round at WLRC with excellent weather we had a good days racing (pics on there way). Racing were:
Richard 27t and Mark, Scotty and Billy 19t.

Richard put in some good qualiy laps he started on 13 laps and improved to 15 laps after qualiy to place him 10th in the A, Well done Rich told u it takes time but your getting there. Rich finished 9th in leg 1 but found that he had stripped the gears in his new K.O. servo, even though it was still working he decided to set out the final leg and give the others a chance so got 10th for leg 2 and finished 10th overal in the A. Well done on your first 27t A.
There were many top drivers in 19t that were getting in some more practice for the forth coming National so qualiy would prove to be very close again.

Billy had handeling probs so I changed his standard Max set up to the one I have been developing over the last few meetings and he improved a lot. Unfortunatley he had major brain fade and qualied 3 in the C. With a 5th in leg 1 and 4th in leg 2 Billy finished 4th in the C after some terrible interference (I know how u feel, read on).

Scotty, well what can we say, at last he's stopped breaking his cyclone after a lot of set up help from fellow cyclone driver Mark Styles. Scotty worked through the day on set up and got one that now works hooray!!! After qualiy Scott just scrapped into the B in 10th so had it all to do in the 2 leg finals. Leg 1 and from way back on the grid along come Shui sorry Scotty and made up many places on the first corner and after several laps pulled out a huge lead on 4th place to finish leg 1 in 3rd Wow. Leg 2 was fortunatley a repeat of leg 1 (why dont u drive like this in qualiy?) Scotty moved up the feild to finish 3rd again which gave him an overal postion of 3rd in the B final. Well done Scotty, what an improvement and impressive drive from 10th on the grid, keep up the good work and sort them shakey lines out, up the meds Wink .

Mark Well after blowing my favorite 19t Money Motor up in heat one (first time i've blown a motor in 21 years of racing) 5 seconds from the finish line, and I was in the lead F*** I*, (it was awsomely quick if only I had that speed all the time) it was time to try another motor the one I put in was ok but not much top end and it was boiling hot. I made a motr up with a Dynasty can adn armature and a corraly lay down end bell similar to the new lay down Dynasty. It was alot faster but not as quick as the money motor Mad . In the end I just made the A where I finished 8th in leg 1 and had a dissapointing leg 2 with interference after a few laps when I was in 4th place this was the most interference I have every had and totally scewed my final up. Overal I finished Joint 10th with 2 other drivers. Never mind I'm moving my areil to the front of the car in a hope to cure the prob and buying a Matched Schottky for the motor £19.99 for a diode it's criminal but if it works worth it.

I'm racing at WLRC again on the Bank Holiday Monday Charity meeting, Rich may be going, as well as The Waldo so if u fancy it u can book in at www.wlrc.co.uk

P.S. Dont forget it's racing tommorow night at N.R.C.C.V.

Until next time:

C U TRACKSIDE.
Back to top Go down
BillyMichael
Admin
Admin
BillyMichael

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 6:47 pm

Good Richard Soon You'll Have A Big Trophy Like Me That Mark And Scott Are Jelous Of :]

All Jokes A Side

Well Done And Nice To See Scott Having Some Good Luck. He Must Of Gave Me His Bad Luck
Back to top Go down
roadblock
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostSubject: wlrc   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 12:55 am

im waiting on weather report before booking in.this interferance lark does ur head in.there you are touring round nicely everything hunky dory when" wam bam into the armco man".still its all good fun.less than a lap behind national trophy winner billy and he had a 19t in. lol! its got your hair as well billy
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 12:18 pm

We all think Richard should have done 19t then he would have wooped Billy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.   NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NRCCV OUTDOORS TOUR 2007.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next