NRCCV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NRCCV

Newham Radio Control Car Venue

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WHATS THE BEST MOTOR? HOW DO I GEAR IT?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

Number of posts : 441
Localisation : MAX RACING MX-707R,TOP RACING SCYTHE,LRP Q3,HARA TWISTER,P2K2PRO,T-BANG,SANWA GEMINI 2,K.O.PROPO.
Registration date : 2007-01-19

WHATS THE BEST MOTOR? HOW DO I GEAR IT? Empty
PostSubject: WHATS THE BEST MOTOR? HOW DO I GEAR IT?   WHATS THE BEST MOTOR? HOW DO I GEAR IT? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 1:08 pm

THE MOTOR I USE TO GREAT EFFECT AT RONEO IS AN OFF THE SHELF TRINITY P2K2PRO.
AT R.M.C.V. I RUN A RATIO OF 8.12 WITH 64DP. WHEN USING 48 DP WITH THE MAX MX-707R I RUN 91 KIT SPUR AND A 24 TOOTH PINION THIS GIVES A RATIO OF 8.08.
JUST IN CASE ANYONE WAS WONDERING THE INTERNAL RATIO FOR THE MAX CAR IS 2.131. E.G: 91Tspur DIVIDED BY 24Tpinion = 3.791666666 x 2.131 = 8.08
IF YOU DO DECIDE TO RUN A MONSTER BE PREPAIRED FOR IT TO GET HOT.
IN MY OPINION MONSTERS ARE NOT THE WRIGHT MOTOR FOR RONEO OR NRCCV AS THEY ARE HIGH REVING MOTORS DESIGNED FOR TOP END SPEED NOT FOR TIGHT TWISTY TRACKS. YOU DECIDE. Question
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.FTQMODELS.COM
rickyb
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
rickyb

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: WHATS THE BEST MOTOR? HOW DO I GEAR IT?   WHATS THE BEST MOTOR? HOW DO I GEAR IT? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 12:16 am

hi mate i bought myslef a few more pinions now i was wondering in your opinion whats the best ratio i should try starting with i now have the following pinions and can get the follwoing ratios what would suit newham and roneo are they the same ???

17t - 8.40
18t - 7.93
19t - 7.52
20t - 7.14
Back to top Go down
http://www.dartfordracetrack.com
rickyb
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
rickyb

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: WHATS THE BEST MOTOR? HOW DO I GEAR IT?   WHATS THE BEST MOTOR? HOW DO I GEAR IT? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 6:31 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
http://www.dartfordracetrack.com
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

Localisation : MAX RACING MX-707R,TOP RACING SCYTHE,LRP Q3,HARA TWISTER,P2K2PRO,T-BANG,SANWA GEMINI 2,K.O.PROPO.

PostSubject: RATIO'S   WHATS THE BEST MOTOR? HOW DO I GEAR IT? Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 12:14 pm

At RMCV and NRCCV I always use a P2K this is because it is not a high reving motor. You dont need to run a monster or a ROAR at RMCV or NRCCV because they are only small tracks so you dont need a lot of top end speed. The P2K is designed for smaller tracks so is ideal for club nights it gives you more torque out of the corners (make sure your car is in a straight line before you hit the throttle or it will try to spin out) by having more torque you can accellerate quicker from one corner to the next, but you have to master this as it is not easy but practice makes perfect.

RMCV P2K Gearing: 8.08 - 8.12

NRCCV P2K Gearing: 9.70 - 9.90

So as you can see Ricky you may have to invest in some smaller pinions or bigger spurs. Hope this helps you and others.Cool
Back to top Go down
rcpete
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: WHATS THE BEST MOTOR? HOW DO I GEAR IT?   WHATS THE BEST MOTOR? HOW DO I GEAR IT? Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 9:13 pm

has any 1 tryed a EA x stock motor?
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: E A STOCK   WHATS THE BEST MOTOR? HOW DO I GEAR IT? Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 3:37 pm

We used them at Carpet Wars over the winter, they are a very good high reving motor and are suitable for large tracks, Elliot Boots was using one for the whole weekend and won every race, he also won the stock class outwright.
We found the best brushes to use are the ones that come with them which are the F-Line brushes.
The motors retail for £30.00 and brushes are £2.99 and we have both in stock.
We used a ratio of 6.44 at Carpet Wars which has a very long straight 38 meters.
Dont know were you race but if its indoors a good starting point would be 9.25 if its a tight track.
Back to top Go down
rcpete
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: WHATS THE BEST MOTOR? HOW DO I GEAR IT?   WHATS THE BEST MOTOR? HOW DO I GEAR IT? Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 6:35 pm

how many off you used then and have you used 4499 brush then.how often did skim the motor.i use moster most of the time but think of moving on Arrow
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

PostSubject: Re: WHATS THE BEST MOTOR? HOW DO I GEAR IT?   WHATS THE BEST MOTOR? HOW DO I GEAR IT? Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 11:41 pm

We always skim before every race at the bigger meetings so then there is no doubt of performance in your mind. I tryed the 4499 brushes but they were not as good as the F-Line ones. There were quite a lot of drivers other than myself and Scotty using them. Most of the team drivers from Extreme RC wereusing them, thats who Richmond Rogers races for and I think Elliot Boots does to, either way Elliot won everything with an EA so the motor is obviously up to the job. I qualiyed 1st in the B ansd finished 2nd overal, so was pleased with the performance of the motor against some of the countries best stock drivers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHATS THE BEST MOTOR? HOW DO I GEAR IT?   WHATS THE BEST MOTOR? HOW DO I GEAR IT? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHATS THE BEST MOTOR? HOW DO I GEAR IT?
Page 1 of 1