NRCCV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NRCCV

Newham Radio Control Car Venue

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TOP RACING SCYTHE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

Number of posts : 441
Localisation : MAX RACING MX-707R,TOP RACING SCYTHE,LRP Q3,HARA TWISTER,P2K2PRO,T-BANG,SANWA GEMINI 2,K.O.PROPO.
Registration date : 2007-01-19

TOP RACING SCYTHE Empty
PostSubject: TOP RACING SCYTHE   TOP RACING SCYTHE Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 4:44 pm

I will soon be racing the Top Racing Scythe 2 and we will soon be stocking this extremly fast touring car in the shop. It has a retail price of £199.99 and the spares are very reasonably priced aswell. Some parts are similar or the same as the Cyclone so parts will always be acailable as we already stock many parts for the Cylone and will be stocking all the spares for the Scythe 2. Any parts we run out of can be with us within 1 day of ordering from the manufacturer so this makes life a lot easier for all of us.

TOP RACING SCYTHE Scythe10
SCYTHE 2 £199.99

We will continue to stock the Mx707r and all the spares and race the car at NRCCV.
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.FTQMODELS.COM
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-02-20

TOP RACING SCYTHE Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP RACING SCYTHE   TOP RACING SCYTHE Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 5:46 pm

I did know that Smile
this car is lovely and really fast car...
I watched some team videos on carpet they were flying...
well worth of every single penny £199 wow...
I am even interested in with this car for a long time...
GOLD edition suits Mr Mark Young but I know he loves the Red ones...(Evil Red) Laughing
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

Localisation : MAX RACING MX-707R,TOP RACING SCYTHE,LRP Q3,HARA TWISTER,P2K2PRO,T-BANG,SANWA GEMINI 2,K.O.PROPO.

TOP RACING SCYTHE Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP RACING SCYTHE   TOP RACING SCYTHE Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 7:34 pm

Ha, ha, just thought if its good enough for schumi, then its good enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

TOP RACING SCYTHE Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP RACING SCYTHE   TOP RACING SCYTHE Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 3:46 am

TOP RACING SCYTHE Img_7303
TOP RACING SCYTHE Img_7317
TOP RACING SCYTHE Img_7323
TOP RACING SCYTHE Img_7339
TOP RACING SCYTHE Img_7327
TOP RACING SCYTHE Img_7346
TOP RACING SCYTHE Img_7343
TOP RACING SCYTHE Img_7365
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

TOP RACING SCYTHE Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP RACING SCYTHE   TOP RACING SCYTHE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 12:32 pm

How much are you selling it for?
Back to top Go down
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

TOP RACING SCYTHE Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP RACING SCYTHE   TOP RACING SCYTHE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 3:13 pm

IT Is ONLY for £199
If anybody interested in

From
FTQ MODELS.com

350-352 ILFORD LANE, UNIT 10 ILFORD PLAZA,

ILFORD, ESSEX, IG1 2LX.

OPENING TIMES: MONDAY TO SATURDAY.

CLOSED WEDNESDAYS.

9.30am TO 5.30pm

MAIL ORDER AND ENQUIRY LINE

0208 911 9216
Back to top Go down
MattMead
Gold Member
Gold Member
MattMead

Number of posts : 118
Localisation : Max Racing Mx 707r, Blue Bird, LRP Runner, Much More, Sanwa Gemini 2, P2k2 Pro
Registration date : 2007-04-12

TOP RACING SCYTHE Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP RACING SCYTHE   TOP RACING SCYTHE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 9:28 pm

Have u bought a scythe Ali ????????
Back to top Go down
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

TOP RACING SCYTHE Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP RACING SCYTHE   TOP RACING SCYTHE Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 1:06 am

Yoke BD More than Enough For me MAtt afro But Recomended upgrade for Max racing Drivers
pirat
Back to top Go down
MattMead
Gold Member
Gold Member
MattMead

Localisation : Max Racing Mx 707r, Blue Bird, LRP Runner, Much More, Sanwa Gemini 2, P2k2 Pro

TOP RACING SCYTHE Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP RACING SCYTHE   TOP RACING SCYTHE Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 11:07 am

ok does look really nice Mark drove well but he still can make it better sum how.
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

TOP RACING SCYTHE Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP RACING SCYTHE   TOP RACING SCYTHE Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 11:50 am

Watch this space, there's life in the old dog yet, as they say.
Back to top Go down
MattMead
Gold Member
Gold Member
MattMead

TOP RACING SCYTHE Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP RACING SCYTHE   TOP RACING SCYTHE Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 3:19 pm

ur diffs were soooooo smooth that day n so were Scotts thats y i want the special diff balls Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

TOP RACING SCYTHE Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP RACING SCYTHE   TOP RACING SCYTHE Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 4:07 pm

matt
If you go for ceramic balls well done mate they makes a hell of a difference...
also last time I build diff with schumacher diff grease but to be honest yokomo diff grease gives much better result....
waiting for some tips from our Local master...
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

TOP RACING SCYTHE Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP RACING SCYTHE   TOP RACING SCYTHE Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 4:51 pm

If your going to go ceramic then Edit are the best ones as they are ceramic covered in nitride so they dont wear. They cost £7.99 for a pack of 12 which gives you enough for one diff and fit nearly every car. There awsome.
Back to top Go down
MattMead
Gold Member
Gold Member
MattMead

TOP RACING SCYTHE Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP RACING SCYTHE   TOP RACING SCYTHE Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 5:16 pm

kool i will get for both diffs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

TOP RACING SCYTHE Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP RACING SCYTHE   TOP RACING SCYTHE Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 6:29 pm

If you are going to invest in ceramic nitride diff balls the at the same time I would recomend replacing the diff plates or reversing the ones you have at the moment if you havent already done so. Diff plates are £3.50 a pair and ytou will need two packs to do fr + rr diffs.
Back to top Go down
MattMead
Gold Member
Gold Member
MattMead

TOP RACING SCYTHE Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP RACING SCYTHE   TOP RACING SCYTHE Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 6:41 pm

I havnt turned mine round but if it makes the diffs better i will buy new ones Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

TOP RACING SCYTHE Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP RACING SCYTHE   TOP RACING SCYTHE Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 7:23 pm

its always best to
Back to top Go down
MattMead
Gold Member
Gold Member
MattMead

TOP RACING SCYTHE Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP RACING SCYTHE   TOP RACING SCYTHE Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 7:25 pm

will do i wana get all this for carpet wars so ma car can b the best it can Very Happy:D
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Scotty

Number of posts : 11
Localisation : Hot Bodies, Hara, Ko, Much-More, Team Orion, Putnam, Checkpoint, Team Magic, Hudy, Edit, FTQ Models
Registration date : 2007-01-18

TOP RACING SCYTHE Empty
PostSubject: THE ULTIMATE DIFF   TOP RACING SCYTHE Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 12:58 pm

To get a smooth diff I strip the diff right down and clean every part of it with motor spray and then dry them off with tissue and put the varoius parts in to pots i.e. diff balls in one, thrust balls in another then and trust plates, diff plates, diff screw, ball races and locking nut, spring and washer in another. I them take the pully and scrub it with a nail brush over the sink with hot water untill it it is totaly free from grit and grime.

I use associated stealth lube as its the best and was recomended to me by both Mark Stiles and Andy Moore. I put the diff lube in every hole in the pully making sure that there are no places that i can see through the holes and then place the diff balls in to the holes and put the ball races through the hole on the pully then place it to the side.

I then take a sheet of 600 grit wet and dry paper and sand both the diff plates and thrust plates on the scored side (the side with the ring around it) until the scoring has gone and the plates are smooth. I place the plates in the diff ball pot now as its empty and wash them with motor spray and then dry them and put to one side. I place some diff lube around the top edge of the diff halves and attach the diff plates to them sanded side up which secures them nicely and place some lube on the sanded side.

Then I hold the diff screw by the thread and place the first thrust washer over the thread sanded side up. Once its on the thread i use associated stealth grease as its in a tube and easier to use and put some grease all around the plate and pick up one thrust ball at a time and place them on the plate into the grease which holds them securely. I place the second thrust plate sanded side down over the diff screw which also attaches to the grease and thrust balls.

Finally at this point place the diff spring over the thread and then the spacing washer. Now the thrust race is complete. Hold the longer diff half horizontally and thread the thrust race that you have just built through the hole in the diff half and then hold it verticly making sure that you hold the right end so the trust race doesnt fall out and place it onto the pully. Pick up the short diff half and place it on the other side of the pulley, put the locking nut in place and tightern the diff screw gently untill the screw starts to feel tight.

Put the diff back in the car and tighten the diff untill you can only just move the diff, you check this by turning the left wheel with your left hand while you hold the the the right wheel with your right hand at the same time holding the spur with your index finger. You should only just be able to move the left hand wheel with quite a bit of force once tighterned. When this is comlete check the smoothness and if you have followed the insructions it should be as smooth as a babys bum.

Good luck fellas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TOP RACING SCYTHE Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP RACING SCYTHE   TOP RACING SCYTHE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TOP RACING SCYTHE
Page 1 of 1