NRCCV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NRCCV

Newham Radio Control Car Venue

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Discharging cells

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rickyb
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
rickyb

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-02-16

Discharging cells Empty
PostSubject: Discharging cells   Discharging cells Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 7:48 pm

hi all excuse my ignorance but would it be any harm to the cells if i connect a motor to it to discharge it.

i havent purchased a discharger yet i got a tray but they still have loads of juice in them and i cant use that from the start becuse it gets terribly hot help advice needed Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.dartfordracetrack.com
MattMead
Gold Member
Gold Member
MattMead

Number of posts : 118
Localisation : Max Racing Mx 707r, Blue Bird, LRP Runner, Much More, Sanwa Gemini 2, P2k2 Pro
Registration date : 2007-04-12

Discharging cells Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discharging cells   Discharging cells Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 7:51 pm

i wanted to try exactly the same thing but i dnt have a clue sorry cos i have just bought a nosram discharger board and just before i got it i charged up all my sells Exclamation so i was woundering wat to do but io just left them charged and i am gna buy a little discharger off of bill michael. dnt have a clue tho sorry
Back to top Go down
Ali Can
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ali Can

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-02-20

Discharging cells Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discharging cells   Discharging cells Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 10:14 pm

put them on tray and cool them up with a little fan Wink
Back to top Go down
FTQMODELS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FTQMODELS

Number of posts : 441
Localisation : MAX RACING MX-707R,TOP RACING SCYTHE,LRP Q3,HARA TWISTER,P2K2PRO,T-BANG,SANWA GEMINI 2,K.O.PROPO.
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Discharging cells Empty
PostSubject: Cheap Discharger   Discharging cells Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 11:51 am

It will take for ever to discharge a fully charged pack of cells on the nosram discharge tray as it is designed for equalizing a pack of cells.
You can do it by running a motor on them but may also take a while and be noisy.
Years ago before dischargers were available we used to make a discharger out of car headlight bulbs. we used to have 3-4 bulbs conected in series and made a cage to protect the bulbs out of stiff wire. You then solder two wires to the end of them and add croc clips. You are then set up and ready to connect the light bulb discharger to you pack. When the bulb goes out the oack is discharged.
WARNING: this was good for nicads as they liked being discharged down to zero. If u are doing this with 4200's be carful, use a volt meter and disconect the bulb/bulbs before the voltage drops below 5.4 volts.
Yuo can use as many bulbs as you like, the more you connect the quicker the process and higher the discharge ampage.
This is a crude way of doing it, but it works and is cheap.
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.FTQMODELS.COM
Sponsored content

Discharging cells Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discharging cells   Discharging cells Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discharging cells
Page 1 of 1